Raleys Supermarket - Demo? Raley's Says No-No
I am a demonstrator.I extoll the virtues of foods or merchandise in a retail setting.
You probably have seen these "guests" in retail establishments. But when you're hired to be a customer service representative distributing food or drink, you have a code to live by. My code: treat others as you would treat yourself. But when someone takes something the wrong way, you're screwed.
On my first foray into the Redding, CA Raley's on May 26th, 2012, I was all smiles and courteous -- especially to the managers at the store level. I was pressed for time and had inadvertantly handled a couple of items with my food gloves on. After being told about it, I was apologetic and courteous and affable but the person I talked to took that as an OFFENSE and not handling the advice well. Which is a bunch of BS.
I got barred from performing at that store because of someone's "impression" that I didn't handle my taking their direction well. The second Raley's in Chico is a different matter entirely. On June 3rd a grandmother came to my station, asking for samples. I would've gladly given them to her but I said "this isn't a free food station" (and according to my Sales Letter it stresses that fact) but she never allowed me to continue my spiel by adding "...
but I would gladly give you the items, which I wouldn't normally do." I have stated these things to customers before earlier that day and in other places. But this one person decided to complain to the store manager, Andy, and we had an awkward conversation. I was a bit perplexed and tried to tell him the situation but he kept interrupting me (while he was smiling) and told me to give as many samples out as possible (which I did and do!). I got a call from my own supervisor about these incidents and now I'm barred from the Chico Raley's.
Which, I guess was deserved but you're not going to please everyone with a smile and an positive attitude every time.
I find that not being allowed back in the Redding Raley's at 110 Hartnell Avenue is undeserved and I insist on anyone reading this to send an email at Raleys.com (Contact Us section) to decry their decision because of two things: 1) This was my first employment as an official demonstrator for Crossmark (New Concepts in Marketing recently merged and there is still a transition period) and mistakes WILL happen.2) The incident was minor at best and not a "barring" situation since I also keep spare food gloves on me and I am a stickler for food safety and compliance.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Nob Hill Artisan Bread Demonstration
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Purchased a durablend leather couch and loveseat from Ashley 2 years ago it started cracking and peeling everywhere. Called the MFS protection plan said not covered normal wear and tear...."
- "these people deserve to get thrown on the streets.discusting country and discusting people. im having the same problem with returning my *** dresses and they will not comply with sending..."
- "I bought many thousands of dollars worth of merchandise when Aliexpress was accepting Paypal. Of my hundreds of orders two of them were canceled because the seller could not ship...."
- "I received a letter in the mail stating I was "Pre-approved" for a credit card. After having difficulty signing up online I decided to call. Eventually, I was told that..."
- "...I noticed that the leather is peeling off from lots of places.I didn't even use the bag..."
- "My wife’s Asus laptop screen started flickering 4 days before the warranty was up. This was the only stroke of luck in the whole scenario that follows. Checked the device..."
- "I'm a Poshmark member.I was told on the site that I had one a gift.I went to the website to claim my gift, it would allow me so right a..."
- " I have the same exact problem every time I buy Cheetos Puffs from Safeway when they're on sale or there on the two-for-one price or the buy two..."
- "I bought this laptop Aug 2012 from the lenovo website for college courses that required a laptop. It worked out of the box perfect with all the programs I required...."